Technical Writer - I
333 Lakeside Drive Foster City, CA 94404
Our client is an American biotechnology company that researches, develops and commercializes drugs.
This position involves documenting processes, activities, check lists, user manuals and other documentation for all phases of Drug Development projects. The position involves collaborating with and supporting the Process Owners as well as Process Teams to evaluate documentation requirements, identify operating procedures, and create necessary procedural documentation. The objective is to create business enabling documents such as manuals, templates, forms, and flowcharts that will best support activities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gathers, analyzes, and composes information provided by subject matter experts (SME).
- Conducts research and ensures the use of proper technical terminology.
- Translates SME information into clear, readable documents and process maps to be used by users
- Ensures consistency, clarity, and quality in and across all types of documentation.
- Engages in formatting, editing, and quality assurance on own work and the work of others.
- Writes documentation in a clear and concise style following company and project style guides
- Ensures documents are technically and mechanically accurate, and consistent with regard to clarity, flow, organization, completeness, and readability
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3 - 5 years’ experience in technical writing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office and other document editing software (e.g. Word, Excel and Visio experience required)
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences
- Skilled at prioritization and multi-tasking
- Ability to rely on limited knowledge and professional discretion to achieve goals
- Process analysis and improvement
- Process mapping and documentation
- Business process management (BPM) facilitation preferred
- Passion for providing a great user experience
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Takes initiative with minimal supervision
- Consistently meets all deadlines
- Proficient in English – verbally and in writing
- Great attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Great time management and multi-tasking