Systems Specialist I
1 DNA Way South San Francisco, CA 94080
Our client is a leading biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures and commercializes medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions. They are among the world' s leading biotech companies, with multiple products on the market and a promising development pipeline.
- The System Specialist will have knowledge of biological science, data reporting, data analytics, development of data visualization/analysis capabilities.
- The candidate will collaborate and contribute in cross-disciplinary team that identifies and implements Informatics capabilities.
- This position supports the full range of activities in the system lifecycle including business case development, business analysis, software development, testing, documentation, and ongoing maintenance and support of the Informatics platforms.
- Work with scientific and operational end users to understand their technology needs and develop Informatics solutions, capabilities and systems.
- Deliver scientific and operational data to scientific and business stakeholders.
- Work with scientific and operational end users to identify, troubleshoot, and resolve technical and process issues related to IT systems, informatics capabilities, data quality, data receipt and data life cycle management. Trouble shoot and resolve day to day data integrity issues
- Able to envision, design and implement scientific data visualizations, data mining capabilities and trouble shoot data integrity issues.
- Interface with Research IT and Development Science IT organizations to resolve system and data issues, develop new system capabilities
- Savvy with creating data visualization dashboards by mapping relevant scientific and operational data
- The individual should have the ability to simplify scientific data problems and propose simple, efficient, and elegant Informatics solutions with strong collaboration skills to interact with diverse users.
- The successful Software Specialist candidate will be proactive, outgoing with excellent interpersonal, organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be detail oriented, with ability to multi-task and work in both an individual and team-based environment.
- Experience in supporting data repository, data management, mining and visualization.
- Experience with scripting or programming languages is a must.
- Expert in developing Spotfire dashboards for data visualization or use of any other BI tool.
- Excel VBA macros to process scientific data, and business process support.
- Expert in Oracle database, writing SQL query and knowledge of informatica, ETL design and development
- Education: BS in Computer Sciences
- Experience: 3-5 years of professional IT/ Informatics experience in developing and managing Informatics solutions/capabilities for biological sciences or an equivalent combination of education, training.
- Experience as an operations analyst for a set of technology solutions.
- Demonstrated experience collaborating across multiple IT functions and customer groups