System Support Engineer II
4300 Hacienda Drive Pleasanton, CA 94588 | Contract
Our client develops, manufactures and supplies a wide array of innovative medical diagnostic products, services, tests, platforms and technologies.
- The Systems Support Engineer must be committed to customer satisfaction, with the ability to follow instructions and demonstrate outstanding inter-personal skills.
- Being a team player is essential since this position interfaces daily with coworkers as well as various interdisciplinary functional areas within the organization.
- This position is based at the Company' s facility, but may include some travel locally (approximately once a month) to other facilities.
- Working under general supervision, receiving general instructions; the individual in this position will install, maintain, calibrate and validate mature automated clinical instrumentation.
- Working under general supervision, receiving general instructions; the individual in this position will require the performance of ancillary instrument support related tasks such as; conducting instrument operator maintenance training, documentation of instrument service, creation and/or revision of instrument parameter media, and maintenance of instrument related tools, parts and consumables. Occasional travel may be required.
- Knows and effectively uses the broad concepts of System and customer support.
- Solves a variety of problems of diverse scope and complexity.
- Analyzes alternative approaches to creatively solve problems and/or develops new perspectives on existing solutions.
- Establishes, as appropriate, internal/cross-functional/customer relationships.
- May establish and work with individuals or teams outside of RMD.
- May provide guidance and training to other employees.
- May serve as a knowledge resource to lower levels and to other areas.
- Plans and executes own work.
- 3 + years in medical device industry, preferably hands on experience with medical instrument maintenance.
- Good understanding of molecular diagnostics products.
- Applicable knowledge of products and instruments.
- Working knowledge of hand tools and electronic test equipment.
- Knowledge of Quality System Requirements (QSR), In Vitro Diagnostics Directive requirements (IVDD) and customer service concepts.
- Excellent inter-personal and customer relations skills.
- Minimum 2 - 5 years’ experience with HP Blade, or similar hardware.