System Support Engineer I/II
4300 Hacienda Drive Pleasanton, CA 94588 | Contract
Our client develops, manufactures and supplies a wide array of innovative medical diagnostic products, services, tests, platforms and technologies.
- The Systems Support Engineer must be committed to customer satisfaction, with the ability to follow instructions and demonstrate outstanding inter-personal skills.
- Being a team player is essential since this position interfaces daily with coworkers as well as various interdisciplinary functional areas within the organization.
- Working under general supervision, receiving general instructions; the individual in this position will install, maintain, calibrate and validate mature automated clinical instrumentation. 2. Working under general supervision, receiving general instructions; the individual in this position will require the performance of ancillary instrument support related tasks such as; conducting instrument operator maintenance training, documentation of instrument service, creation and/or revision of instrument parameter media, and maintenance of instrument related tools, parts and consumables. Occasional travel may be required. 3. Knows and effectively uses the broad concepts of System and customer support. 4. Solves a variety of problems of diverse scope and complexity. 5. Analyzes alternative approaches to creatively solve problems and/or develops new perspectives on existing solutions. 6. Establishes, as appropriate, internal/cross-functional/customer relationships. 7. May establish and work with individuals or teams outside. 8. May provide guidance and training to other employees. 9. May serve as a knowledge resource to lower levels and to other areas. 10. Plans and executes own work.
- 3 + years in medical device industry, preferably hands on experience with medical instrument maintenance. Good understanding of molecular diagnostics products. Applicable knowledge of products and instruments.
- Working knowledge of hand tools and electronic test equipment.
- Knowledge of Quality System Requirements (QSR), In Vitro Diagnostics Directive requirements (IVDD) and customer service concepts.
- Excellent inter-personal and customer relations skills.
- Minimum 2 - 5 years' experience with HP Blade, or similar hardware.