System Engineer I
4300 Hacienda Drive Pleasanton, CA 94588
Our client develops, manufactures and supplies a wide array of innovative medical diagnostic products, services, tests, platforms and technologies.
- Works hands-on with a strong instrument/platform/assay development background to troubleshoot systems, especially robotic liquid handling systems, and automated assay protocols, identify opportunities for quality improvements, provide root causes of complex HW-SW-Assay interaction problems, and communicate test results and corrective recommendations to the team.
- Works independently with general management direction, conduct hands-on laboratory experiments independently, and apply advanced scientific knowledge to complete assigned tasks and projects.
- Assesses results for applicability, validity, and conformance to Product Requirements.
- Summarizes experimental results and reviews conclusions with supervisor/project leader.
- Keeps supervisor/project leader informed of project status, particularly of significant findings and results in critical problem areas.
- Works closely with external and internal design teams to understand and resolve product performance issues.
- Contributes to feasibility and verification test campaigns.
- Executes test cases to verify the hardware, software and system performance.
- Applies Systems Development methodologies in a regulated IVD project.
- Experience in any robotic liquid handling instruments such as Hamilton, Tecan, Agilent, etc. is desired.
- Laboratory proficiency and experience with molecular techniques and concepts is desired.
- Experience in design and development of Molecular Sample Preparation Automation instruments is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of all phases of NGS workflows and data analysis is desirable.
- Strong interdisciplinary (hardware/software/assay) knowhow is desirable.
- Experience in Systems Development in an IVD environment is a plus.
- Required BS, MS or equivalent experience in engineering, sciences, or related field with thorough technical knowledge; preferred MS
- Experience working with robotic liquid handling instruments and strong laboratory proficiency
- Experience working on development of diagnostic devices under strict IVD design control processes, experimental design, versatile laboratory practice, data analysis, and data and concept presentation.
- Required BS or equivalent with 1-3 years related experience or MS with 0-1 years related experience