5945 Optical Court San Jose, CA 95138
Our client develops, manufactures and supplies a wide array of innovative medical diagnostic products, services, tests, platforms and technologies.
- Works under minimal supervision, to conduct laboratory experiments utilizing established and published procedures with advanced technical and theoretical understanding. Makes recommendations to resolve problems encountered during experimental procedures.
- Assumes responsibility for the accuracy, quality, and timeliness of experimental results. Summarizes experimental results, and reviews conclusions with supervisor/project leader.
- Communicates results of experiments in the form of reports and presentations.
- Keeps supervisor/project leader informed of project status, particularly of significant findings and results in critical problem areas.
- Performs work according to established internal safety guidelines and procedures, and as specified by appropriate external regulatory agencies (e.g., OSHA).
- Accurately and consistently records experimental methods, materials, and results.
- Applies advanced technical writing skills to produce reports and documents such as summaries, SOPs, DHFs, presentations and manuscripts.
- Participates in routine lab maintenance, lab safety, ISO, and QSR implementation.
- Background and technique skills in biochemistry and molecular biology.
- Hands-on experiences with PCR, and/or Microarray, and/or NGS technology. Good understanding of bioinformatics and biostatistics.
- Good data analysis skills and good documentation skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biological/Life Sciences, Chemistry, Biochemistry or related field, or equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.