Sr. Manager, Molecular Diagnostics Product Management
180 Oyster Point Blvd South San Francisco, CA 94080
The role of Sr. Manager, Molecular Diagnostics Product Management will report to the Sr. Director, Molecular Diagnostics Product Management, and will serve as the product manager focusing on disease areas such as Infectious Diseases. This includes collaborating with Platform, R&D, Medical and Business Development teams to assess, prioritize and develop content solutions to solve for customers’ toughest clinical diagnostic challenges.
What will you do?
- Define market trends, customer journeys, buying processes, customer needs and growth areas
- Create/maintain multi-year product strategy and road map; Develop business cases
- Collaborate with Platform, R&D, Medical and Business Development teams to assess, prioritize and develop content solutions
- Ensure prioritization and tracking of product management activities – New Product Introductions, Sustaining & Incubation. Accountable for delivering key milestones on time and aligning to the overall revenue targets
- Execute consistently on plan targets using metrics to monitor and adjust based on performance against those metrics
Customer & Market Knowledge:
- Knowledge of healthcare market – a strong understanding of healthcare customer segment (reference labs, hospitals, public health labs), understanding of competitive landscape
- Understands trends in both conventional and molecular methods for diagnostics. Familiarity with qPCR, CE, Microarray and NGS platforms and the corresponding content (applications) to meet applied clinical market needs
- Conversant with the clinical diagnostics (LDT & IVD) development process. Familiarity with CE-IVD, CFDA, and 510K/PMA approvals. Understands organizational requirements to design products/solutions
- Strong execution – demonstrated success working in a global, matrixed-environment; managing worldwide supply, demand, revenue, margin and pricing for product portfolio; updating and presenting business analysis regularly to management, finance, and manufacturing teams
- Willingness to act, think outside the box and be a champion for the business; influence others without direct authority; take calculated risks, learn from set-backs and repeat; work collaboratively with other members of the product management, marketing, and R&D teams
- Ability to drive multi-year product strategy and road map, including analyzing market trends, customer requirements, competitive strategy, and identifying opportunities for increasing customer and business value through product development and innovation
- Understanding of value propositions, how to leverage channel and engage customers, experience with adapting programs and strategies; Developing and presenting compelling training materials for sales teams, technical support and field application scientists
How will you get here?
Bachelor’s degree required in science, engineering, businesses, economics or related field. MBA or similar advanced degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in product management with a healthcare focus. Some of this experience can be in related fields such as marketing
- Experience with qPCR, CE, NGS and/or microarray products.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Strong presence; capability to influence and promote enthusiasm via excellent communications skills
- Experience and demonstrated aptitude both managing and prioritizing multiple projects and initiatives
- Ability to work cross-functionally in a large and complex organization
- Experience with financial modeling and data analysis skills. Ability to forecast and track results.