Software Specialist III
1 DNA Way South San Francisco, CA 94080
Our client is a leading biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures and commercializes medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions. They are among the world' s leading biotech companies, with multiple products on the market and a promising development pipeline.
- Administer people analytics linux machines, databases, and data pipelines, and processes for employee, survey, and other human resources data types.
- Organize and create database or files as needed.
- Manage the automated delivery of files and data to third party vendors
Maintain and improve virtual linux instances and databases as needed to meet team needs Support creation of workflow scheduling and monitoring framework for data pipelines Support design, implementation, documentation, and maintenance of databases to balance back-end organization of data and front-end accessibility for end-users Develop, manage and test back-up and recovery plans Ensure that storage and archiving procedures are functioning correctly Work closely with IT, People Analytics technical staff, and vendors (such as Plotly) Ensure automated transfer of data to/from third party vendors (such as Visier & Plotly) is being executed properly
- Technical requirements:
- Linux (RHEL7) system administration (such as yum) Python and bash scripting AWS and cloud computing (AWS certification desirable)
- Enterprise software administration, such as mariadb and docker Automation, version control (git), and unit testing
- Desirable: workflow automation tools (such as Airflow, DigDAG, or similar), experience with CI/CD and scripting deployments.
- Strong organizational skills with high attention to detail Ability to work independently.
- Self-starter/self-motivated, capable of staying on track and pursuing solutions without supervision
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines
- Ability to collaborate and communicate project status to both technical and non-technical team members and client representatives
- BS/BA degree in computer science, engineering, information systems, or similar