Senior Bioinformatics Scientist
2801 Scott Boulevard Santa Clara, CA 95050
Our client develops, manufactures and supplies a wide array of innovative medical diagnostic products, services, tests, platforms and technologies.
- Design, analyze, and interpret single-molecule sequencing experiments using custom and standard analysis tools.
- Define in-depth statistical error profiles and their impact on secondary and tertiary analysis.
- Develop and implement algorithms for the primary analysis pipeline.
- Write production-level code to support primary and secondary analysis pipeline.
- Expertise in algorithm optimization and experiment design. Proven ability to proactively evaluate methods and propose directions to improve.
- Knowledge of molecular biology, statistics, and human genetics / genomics.
- Strong experience in the use of high-level programming languages such as Python (preferred) or R for pipelines and complex data analysis.
- Experience in development and support of product-level bioinformatics pipelines.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving and data analysis and interpretation skills.
- Experience with Java or C/C++ for algorithm development a plus.
- A Master's Degree (in bioinformatics, biostatistics, computational biology, computer science, or a related field) and 8 years of related experience
- Or Ph.D. and 4 years of related experience.