790 Lindaro Street San Rafael, CA 94901
Our client focuses on developing first-in-class and best-in-class therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases.
- This role is part of the North America Accounting team responsible for Technical Operations accounting function
- The successful candidate will be an experienced accountant and will report to the Associate Director, North America Accounting
- Candidate should be able to multi-task and work both independently in a fast-paced dynamic environment and be a strong collaborator
- Candidate must possess a strong desire to learn, grow and develop their skills while providing enhancement to the current accounting function
- Attention to detail and good analytical skills are essential
- Main responsibilities include accounting for the Technical Operation function including partnering directly with the business and FP&A, contract review and general oversight of prepaids
- Partnering with the Technical Operations business contacts and FP&A to understand activities which drive the US GAAP accounting
- Provide guidance to the business and FP&A on accounting to include presentations and training
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly JEs’ and account reconciliations relating to the accounting areas noted under summary above
- Participate in process transformation and efficiencies to include identifying areas for streamlining and improvements
- Contract review to determine the correct US GAAP Accounting
- Completion of 10Q and 10K disclosure support for submission to the External reporting team
- SOX - Ensure internal controls are working effectively and propose improvements to support evolving accounting environment.
- Support both internal and external audits
- Participate in Cross Functional Projects for North America Accounting
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in GL Accounting, preferably with combination of Big 4 audit and public company experience.
- Experience in a public company would be a distinct advantage.
- Experience of monthly close activities in a deadline driven environment
- ERP systems experience preferable Oracle EBS
- A strong desire to learn and progress
- Certified Public Accountant would be a distinct advantage
- Bachelor’s in Accounting/Business Administration is desirable