4300 Hacienda Drive Pleasanton, CA 94588
Our client is a leading biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures and commercializes medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions. They are among the world' s leading biotech companies, with multiple products on the market and a promising development pipeline.
- The successful candidate should have a background in microbiology and human disease-related fields, with hands-on experience working with NGS systems.
- The individual will work under manager supervision to plan and conduct hands-on laboratory experiments and apply advanced scientific knowledge to complete assigned projects.
- Recommend innovative approaches, and/or expansion or curtailment of investigations based on experimental data or new scientific information arising from area of responsibility.
- Assume responsibility for timely completion of projects and respond appropriately to changing priorities.
- Accurately and consistently record experimental methods, materials and results in electronic laboratory notebooks.
- Analyze data, evaluate results, form conclusions, and determine future experiments.
- Present findings and/or comprehensive project status reviews at internal seminars and department meetings.
- Apply advanced technical writing skills to produce reports and documents.
- Prepare summaries, internal reports, presentations, manuscripts, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Microbiology, Biological/Life Sciences, Biochemistry, or related field.
- Strong laboratory proficiency and experience with molecular techniques and concepts.
- Knowledge of NGS-based workflows including target enrichment and library preparation is preferred.
- Experience in assay optimization, validation, experimental design, data analysis, and data and concept presentation is preferred.