2841 Scott Boulevard Santa Clara, CA 95050
Our client develops, manufactures and supplies a wide array of innovative medical diagnostic products, services, tests, platforms and technologies.
- Optimize workflows and reaction conditions for library and sequencing preparation protocols, to meet system performance specifications.
- Perform hands-on assay development in a fast-paced environment
- Perform analysis of experimental results.
- Characterize assays on the RSS Nanopore sequencing platform
- Work using best laboratory practices, maintaining well-organized and concise records of worked performed and results.
Experience and Education:
- Bachelors in molecular biology, biology, cellular biology, biochemistry, chemistry, or a related discipline preferred. Masters preferred.
- Solid grounding in NextGen DNA sequencing, and experience performing and analyzing DNA sequencing experiments.
- Demonstrated expertise in optimization of molecular biology reactions, including nucleic acid isolation, fragmentation, purification, enrichment, and ligation.
- Experience with a wide variety of laboratory molecular biology techniques; gel analysis, western and southern blots, PCR, qPCR, nucleic acid and protein quantitation
- Extensive experience running and debugging protocols and performing DNA, RNA, and Protein manipulations
- Experience with computer databases, statistical software (JMP, Matlab), or computer programming languages (Python, R.) preferred
- Outstanding lab bench skills and proven trouble shooting skills
- Excellent analytical skills and demonstrated critical thinking
- Meticulous attention to detail and excellent written and electronic record keeping skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills