983 University Avenue Los Gatos, CA 95032
Our client develops, manufactures and supplies a wide array of innovative medical diagnostic products, services, tests, platforms and technologies.
- After introduction to work processes, begins to organize, conduct and monitor laboratory experiments utilizing established and published procedures, and technical and theoretical understanding.
- Assumes responsibility for the accuracy, quality, and timeliness of experimental results.
- Summarizes experimental results, and reviews conclusions with supervisor/project leader.
- Communicates results of experiments.
- Keeps supervisor/project leader informed of project status, particularly of significant findings and results in critical problem areas.
- Performs work according to established internal safety guidelines and procedures, and as specified by appropriate external regulatory agencies (e.g., OSHA).
- Analyzes and interprets experimental data using various data analysis software and/or applying quantitative methods.
- Uses technical writing skills to produce reports and documents.
- May present findings at internal meetings.
- Assumes accountability for electronic lab notebook documentation, ensuring experimental methods and results are recorded timely, accurately and consistently, and according to established formats.
- Participates in routine lab maintenance, lab safety, ISO, and QSR implementation.
- May troubleshoot issues related to instrumentation.
- Works independently and manages own workflow to accomplish assigned objectives.
- Uses discretion and independent judgment to recommend solutions to basic problems that their individual or team projects.
- Establishes as appropriate internal/cross-functional/customer relationships.
- With guidance, analyzes and brainstorms alternative approaches to solve problems and finds solutions.
- Ability to execute relevant laboratory experimentation.
- Ability to recognize and resolve basic problems encountered in experimental procedure. 1-3 years of related experience.
- Experience working a BSL-2 lab is required.
- Experience with automated liquid handling or qPCR is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biological/Life Sciences, Chemistry, Biochemistry or related field, or equivalent combination of education and work-experience.