4300 Hacienda Drive Pleasanton, CA 94588
Our client develops, manufactures and supplies a wide array of innovative medical diagnostic products, services, tests, platforms and technologies.
- Operate next generation sequencers
- Execute development and optimization experiments
- Prepare experimental reports in electronic lab notebook (eLN) system
- Perform basic analyses related to sequencing metrics and bioinformatics
- Present observed results at group meetings
- Execute standard molecular biology techniques, especially next generation sequencing library preparation, on clinical DNA samples.
- Follow protocols precisely, and with extreme care, as material derived from clinical samples is highly limited.
- Perform cell-free nucleic acids extraction from clinical plasma specimens, whole blood, and formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded (FFPE) tissue
- This position will require handling of infectious materials
- Working knowledge of standard molecular biology techniques.
- Hands-on molecular biology experience, including using multichannel pipettes
- Experience in Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) technology
- Familiarity with nucleic acid extraction/purification technology
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite of programs, especially Word and Excel applications
- Knowledge of statistics
- Ability to work independently and able to work with cross-functional teams
- Experience handling small (ng) amounts of nucleic acids
- Experience performing molecular biology techniques on many samples simultaneously
- Familiarity with bioinformatics tools, sequence analysis algorithms and NCBI programs such as BLAST Experience in working various automated instruments and robots
- Proficient with some statistical software (e.g. JMP, R) preferred Excellent skills in Excel worksheet Multi-tasking ability
- Bachelor's degree in biological sciences with 2-6 year’s relevant experience or master degree 0-2 years