Sample Information Importer
1 DNA Way South San Francisco, CA 94080
Our client is a leading biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures and commercializes medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions. They are among the world' s leading biotech companies, with multiple products on the market and a promising development pipeline.
The purpose of this role is to import sample data information working with vendors, clinical study and research resources, external labs and CROs responsible personnel.
This role supports Sample Information Managers locally and globally in sample request tasks and related activities.
Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Responsible for importing and managing external lab data into BRM databases based on the set up plan from Sample Information Managers and according to sampling design and planning
- Responsible for resolving external data related issues in adherence to sample information standards and compliance, to ensure sample data integrity is not compromised
- Responsible for coordination and resolution of data file related issues directly with BRM vendors and CROs
- Responsible for communication and follow up for sampling issue resolution
- In consultation with Sample Information Manager, resolves and closes sample and sample information issues. Escalates unresolved issues to Sample Information Manager.
Experience, Skills, Knowledge
- Previous experience with database configuration and set up, data importation / data entry or bioinformatics
- Knowledge of the collection, processing, storage requirements for different sample types
- Previous experience working with biological samples and associated LIMS and other electronic sample tracking systems is a plus
- Proven ability to understand customer needs and deliver to expectations
- Detail oriented with the ability to work independently and manage multiple competing priorities
- Ability to communicate clearly and demonstrate problem solving capabilities
- Experience in communication with vendors, customers and peers
- Prior experience in working virtually with distributed teams and individuals
- Pharmaceutical/biotech industry experience is a plus