SM/AD Commercial Insights and Analytics
2000 Sierra Parkway , 9th Floor Brisbane, CA 94005
We are currently seeking a qualified, highly motivated, experienced individual for the position of Senior Manager/Associate Director, Commercial Insights and Analytics – Market Access. The position reports to Senior Director, Commercial Insights and Analytics.
The Senior Manager/Associate Director, Commercial Insights and Analytics – Market Access will have primary responsibility for conducting business analysis to inform the commercial strategy, including primary research and secondary data analytics related to payers, pricing, contracting, and key segments to inform commercial strategy and forecasting. The role coordinates with the Market Access team and brand teams to generate key insights and recommendations that drive strategy and execution for company indications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Secondary Data Analytics (50%)
- Responsible for analysis of payer data including payer targeting and coverage tracking
- Patient support program analytics
- Regularly communicate with Senior Executives and strategic partners to report analytical findings and key performance metrics
- Provide thought leadership and insights to Market Access and Brand leadership teams, providing expert opinions on the impact of market and competitor events as risks and opportunities to their near and long-range planning
- Identify potential opportunities through data and business analytics and present findings to the Market Access team
- Create sustainable tools and capabilities to enable business analytics and insights for the Market Access team.
Market Research (50%)
- Develop market research plan to inform business strategy, including qualitative, quantitative research and competitive intelligence projects to drive high quality insights and recommendations to inform strategy.
- Work with Market Access team leads and other key stakeholders to identify knowledge gaps and market research needs.
- Develop market research plans and prioritize market research studies based on budget and business needs.
- Communicate and align key internal stakeholders around market research objectives and outputs
- Select appropriate research methodology to address business objective
- Develop and present final reports and actionable recommendations to key stakeholders
- Lead market research projects, including vendor selection, design, execution and interpretation of market research results to deliver insights.
- Manage vendor partnerships including negotiating costs, on-boarding, ensuring accountability, and timely project execution.
- Monitor the market environment and events to provide recommendations on potential research needs.
- Support forecasting by providing subject matter expertise in refining forecast assumptions
- Participate in strategic planning including situation analysis, market access plans, brand plans, market assessments to present insights and to inform market research and analytics needs.
Core Competencies, Knowledge, and Skill Requirements
- Experience in Market Access secondary analytics and market research
- High analytical capability with history of effectively directing and leveraging market research and developing and tracking performance metrics and market insights
- Vendor and budget management
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/assignments and meeting short deadlines
- Interest in exploring and developing new approaches, processes and methodologies
- Ability to recognize project issues/concerns and make recommendations to resolve
- Highly-skilled in influencing and effectively partnering with cross-functional teams
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, project management, and confident executive presence
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Bachelor of Art or Science in Health Sciences or related discipline/Business Administration
- 5+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry, with relevant experience in data analysis, decision support, product level forecasting and market research
- Previous experience working with Market Access in an analytics role preferred
- Pharmaceutical/Biotech experience strongly preferred