One DNA Way South San Francisco, CA 94080
Our client is a leading biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures and commercializes medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions. They are among the world' s leading biotech companies, with multiple products on the market and a promising development pipeline.
- Molecular cloning of expression or genome editing vectors
- Contruction of vectors using restriction cloning, PCR cloning, and/or gene synthesis technology.
- Plasmid DNA prep and sequence analysis.
- Genomic DNA and mRNA preparation
- From cultured mammalian cells.
- PCR or qRT-PCR
- Analysis of genomic DNA or mRNA. Primer design and optimization.Cell culture
- Passaging and counting of cultured mammalian cells. Lipid based transfection and/or electroporation of cells.
- Single cell cloning.
- Excellent skills in communication, organization, flexibility and an eagerness to learn.
- Must work well with others and be a team player.
- Experience with molecular cloning, nucleic acid extraction, purification, and analysis (qualitative and quantitave assessment of DNA and RNA), and mammalian cell culture (sterile technique, cell counting, and passaging).
- Direct experience with RNA interference, CRISPR, genome editing, and/or expression vector design and cloning is a plus.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in a biology-related field (Biotechnology, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, or Biochemistry preferred) with 2+ years of laboratory research experience or PhD in biomedical field with 0-5 years experience