One DNA Way South San Francisco, CA 94080
Our client is a leading biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures and commercializes medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions. They are among the world' s leading biotech companies, with multiple products on the market and a promising development pipeline.
- Support the in vivo pharmacology group.
- Responsibilities will include establishing, monitoring, and maintaining patient derived xenograft (PDX) models using sterile in vivo techniques, as well as keeping up to date documentation.
- The successful candidate will also function to support the core dosing team with administration of test compounds.
- Attention to detail and organization for both aspects of this position are critical attributes.
- Additional responsibilities for this position focus on animal monitoring, data collection and management, assisting with tissue collection, performing procedures requiring anesthesia, maintaining lab cleanliness, and working with biohazardous and chemical materials.
- Must be able to work weekends and/or holidays when requested for business needs.
- Excellent skills in communication, organization, flexibility and an eagerness to learn are essential.
- Must have a strong work ethic and be able to work independently or in a team setting.
- Candidate is expected to be proficient in basic rodent in vivo handling, dosing, and sample collection techniques.
- Computer proficiency, especially knowledge of Excel, and a basic knowledge of databases are necessary.
- Must be capable of standing, lifting, kneeling, bending, etc., for extended periods of time.
- Must be willing to work with potentially hazardous materials and be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Experience with in vivo oncology research a plus.
- Keywords: in vivo, xenograft, PDX, oncology, dosing
- AA, BA, or BS in Biology or other related field is ideal.