One DNA Way South San Francisco, CA 94080 | Contract
Our client is a leading biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures and commercializes medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions. They are among the world' s leading biotech companies, with multiple products on the market and a promising development pipeline.
- We seek an outstanding candidate to join our Automation Group in Small Molecule Analytical Development, in Small Molecule Pharmaceutical Sciences.
- Responsibilities include designing and developing a high-throughput screening (HTS) system for excipient chemical compatibility and formulation optimization to support early-phase drug development.
- Other duties include chemical reactions, salt/crystallinity/polymorph screening, solid state characterization, solubility determinations, and other analytical research studies.
- The successful candidate will accomplish our mission through innovation, collaboration with our subject matter experts, creative problem-solving, Design of Experiments, and use of state-of-the-art technology including robotic laboratory systems, XRPD, microscopy, UHPLC, mass spectrometry, chiral separations, supercritical fluid chromatography (SFC) and other analytical instruments.
- BS/MS in a relevant scientific discipline (chemistry or chemical engineering, pharmaceutics preferred) with 2-6 years' experience in small molecule chemistry within the pharmaceutical industry.
- Candidates must have good knowledge of analytical and organic chemistry.
- A background in lab automation, chromatography (HPLC and data handling/reporting), knowledge of pharmaceutics, solid state characterization or drug discovery are desirable.
- Candidates should have good problem solving / communication skills, and ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- The position requires good organizational and communication skills and the ability to work well as part of a team.
- BS/MS or equivalent experience