791 Lincoln Avenue San Rafael, CA 94901
Job Title: Research Associate
San Rafael, CA
Contract: 1 year
- Responsible for the generation, characterization, and release of critical reagents used in clinical and non-clinical sample analysis, the CRG Research Associate will be a critical service to the assay development and testing groups by building and continuously supplying customized protein reagents for internal and outsourced assays.
- Produce consistently prepared and well characterized reagents to reduce the risk of assay failure and ensure methods meet regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for the development and quality of Critical Reagents including purifying proteins, conducting protein conjugations (e.g. biotinylation, ruthenylation using standard chemistry), assessing their purity and affinity, and generating Certificates of Analysis.
- Monitors and or trend lot-to-lot variability, and may assist with reagent troubleshooting Develop new techniques, or bring in new technology from the outside, to enhance the analytical capabilities of the group.
- Prepare SOPs, reports and documents such as characterization protocols, development reports, and testing data reports.
- Share responsibility for lab management duties.
- Participates and presents data and shares responsibility for project milestones Participates in meetings and contributes to original peer-reviewed publications Ensure GLP-compliant sample handling, assay performance and laboratory operations through adherence to SOPs and departmental practices
- Required: Bachelor' s Degree with 0-4 years of experience in a bioanalytical laboratory, research laboratory, or biotechnology company.
- Preferred: Skills with Protein Conjugations and Characterization, Chromatography systems, ELISA and other analytical methods in a GLP-compliant environment, or equivalent analytical experience in a regulated lab environment
- Preferred: Experience with GLP or GMP documentation and testing.
- Preferred: Excellent writing and verbal communications skills.
- Multi-well absorbance, electrochemiluminescence and fluorescence plate reader and associated software.
- SDS-PAGE, Western Blot, Surface Plasmon Resonance
- Pipettors, plate washers and related assay equipment
- Chromatography systems such as HPLC, AKTA FPLC, and Multiple Angle Light Scattering (MALS).
- Windows network environment, MS Office, etc.
Required: Bachelor's Degree with 0-4 years of experience in a bioanalytical laboratory, research laboratory, or biotechnology company.