Research Associate III
1 DNA Way South San Francisco, CA 94080
Our client is a leading biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures and commercializes medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions. They are among the world' s leading biotech companies, with multiple products on the market and a promising development pipeline.
- We are seeking a creative, enthusiastic, and highly motivated researcher to mainly develop a high-throughput protocol to investigate the transgene-expression cassette integration site and sequence fidelity using modern molecular biology techniques, including long-range PCR, restriction enzyme digestion, and sequencing of digested PCR fragments.
- The candidate will also be involved in different technology development projects and developing stable CHO cell lines for clinical and commercial manufacturing using targeted integration with recombinase-mediated cassette exchange (RMCE).
- The selected individual is expected to work independently with minimal supervising by designing, executing and scheduling different experiments in parallel.
- The ideal candidate will possess good expertise in molecular biology with an emphasis in DNA manipulation and analysis via PCR/qPCR/ddPCR, gene copy number analysis, and CHO cell culture.
- The candidate must be sufficient in communication and presentation skills and is able to convey complex ideas and data both verbally and written.
- Expectations for this position include a strong work ethic with an emphasis on accurate, high quality work.
- Must be highly motivated team player and work well with others with good communication skills.
- The bioinformatics skill is desirable.
- The candidate will possess an educational background in molecular biology, cell biology, biochemistry or related discipline with a B.S. or M.S or Ph.D.
- Preferably 3+ years of industry and/or academic hands-on lab experience in molecular biology, biochemistry and/or genomics.