Research Associate IV
One DNA Way South San Francisco, CA 94080
Our client is a leading biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures and commercializes medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions. They are among the world' s leading biotech companies, with multiple products on the market and a promising development pipeline.
Duties: A temp position in research, in Embryonic stemcelland CRISPR lab under molecular Biology department. The candidate will be working as a part of a team that focuses on making custom mouse model for research.
- We are seeking a highly motivated individual to work in a high throughput Embryonic stem cell /KO lab within the Molecular Biology Department.
- The successful candidate will be a team player, detail oriented, accurate and have excellent time management and record keeping skills.
- The job will involve independent experiment execution, troubleshooting and interpretation of experiments.
- Although independent ability is essential, effectiveness in a work-team setting is the norm.
- Proven technical skills and excellent written and verbal communication abilities are essential.
- The ideal candidate will be familiar with PCR, taqman, and cell culture
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Team Oriented, dependable, self starter.
- Ability to follow detailed verbal and written instruction.
- At least 3-4 years lab experience, preferably in a DNA screening environment.
- Extensive polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) Taqman experience is a necessity
- Experience with ddPCR and automation is a plus
- Experience with genome editing technology via CRISPR or Embryonic stem cell are significant pluses.
- Familiarity with Excel and other computer programs is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and exceptional organizational and time management skills are required
- Must be self-motivated, able to multi-task, and meet timelines efficiently and productively.
- Strong verbal communication, writing, and listening skills, as well as interpersonal skills required.
- Excellent skills in communication, organization, flexibility and an eagerness to learn.
- Must be highly motivated team player and work well with others with good communication skills.
- The candidate must have BS/MS degree with 4-6 years of experience and training in the area of Molecular Biology and some automation.