Research Associate III
44 DNA Way South San Francisco, CA 94080
Our client is a leading biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures and commercializes medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions. They are among the world' s leading biotech companies, with multiple products on the market and a promising development pipeline.
We are seeking a creative, enthusiastic, and highly motivated researcher to work on developing new technologies for the production of viral vectors for gene therapy application. This is a 2-year contractor position.
- The successful candidate will help develop stable cell lines for Adeno-Associated Virus (AAV) manufacturing for gene therapy applications using industry-leading targeted integration technology.
- The ideal candidate possesses expertise in cell culture and molecular biology techniques that can be applied to AAV viral vector generation.
- This is an ideal position for a researcher who is enthusiastic about innovation, gaining drug development experience, and delving into new therapeutic modalities.
- As such, the position requires excellent communication skills, the desire to learn and integrate multiple aspects of drug development, and a passion for generating therapeutics for patients.
- The selected individual is expected to work independently with minimal supervision and will design and execute different experiments in parallel.
- The ideal candidate should have experience in viral vector design, molecular and cell biology techniques including DNA and cell manipulation.
- The candidate must be skilled in troubleshooting, communication and presentation, and able to clearly convey complex ideas both verbally and in writing.
- Expectations for this position include a strong work ethic, ability to work well with others, and robust problem-solving skills.
The candidate should have a PhD in molecular biology, cell biology, biochemistry or other related disciplines with extensive AAV viral vector production experience.