Research Associate II
470 East Grand Avenue South San Francisco, CA 94080
Our client is a leading biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures and commercializes medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions. They are among the world' s leading biotech companies, with multiple products on the market and a promising development pipeline.
- Our group utilizes state of the art mass spectrometric techniques as well as traditional chemistries to characterize proteins, lipids, protein interactions and post translational modifications.
- The successful candidate will have a working knowledge of mass spectrometry and chromatography, with particular emphasis on molecular characterization and data analysis.
- The ideal candidate will have strong informatics skills and be proficient in a variety of mass spectrometry-based methodologies such as: targeted analysis, proteolytic digestion, intact MS, structural characterization, quantitative approaches, and proteomic data analysis.
- The candidate must be knowledgeable with HPLC and MS instrumentation and have strong troubleshooting capabilities, good communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills, be able to work in a team environment and willing and eager to learn new technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in chemistry, biochemistry, biotechnology, or a related field plus at least three years’ work experience.