Research Associate II
1 DNA Way South San Francisco, CA 94080
Our client is a leading biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions. They are among the world' s leading biotech companies, with multiple products on the market and a promising development pipeline.
We are looking for a team player to join Structural Biology Department’ s Discovery Proteins group supporting ongoing research projects. The successful candidate will work on the purification and characterization of recombinant proteins produced in mammalian, insect and bacterial cells.
- Experience with column chromatography techniques such as affinity, ion exchange, size exclusion chromatography and reversed-phase HPLC on automated AKTA liquid chromatography systems to produce high quality recombinant proteins and analytical HPLCs for protein characterization.
- Proficient in protein conjugation techniques such as biotinylation and fluorescent labeling of proteins, cleavage of purification tags and removal of endotoxin from protein preps.
- Skilled in protein characterization techniques including SDS-PAGE gels, mass spectrometry, multi-angle light scattering (SEC-MALS) and differential scanning fluorimetry (DLS).
- Sample management to support and organize inventory of recombinant proteins.
- Strong organizational, communication, interpersonal skills, team-oriented, dependable, and self-starter.
- Ability to follow detailed verbal and written instruction.
- Able to apply analytical skills and judgment in assessing the quality of data.
- Must be self-motivated, able to multi-task, and meet timelines efficiently and productively.
The successful candidate must have either a BS/MS degree with ~3-5 years of experience or a PhD with 0-2 years of experience in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Protein Chemistry, Structural Biology or a related discipline.