Research Associate I
340 Point San Bruno Boulevard South San Francisco, CA 94080
Our client is a leading biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures and commercializes medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions. They are among the world' s leading biotech companies, with multiple products on the market and a promising development pipeline.
- A position in In-Vivo Immunology (Translational Immunology).
- Responsibilities for this position would focus on animal studies including monitoring, dosing, and animal necropsy and organ collection.
- The individual may need to work with infectious and/or bio-hazardous reagents and material.
- The individual will be involved with general lab managerial duties such as stocking and ordering supplies, maintaining lab cleanliness, autoclaving supplies, and appropriately disposing of biohazardous and chemical waste.
- Limited administrative functions such as attending select meetings, equipment and supply inventory, preparation of work schedules are expected.
- Covering duties during afterhours and weekends is required.
- Experience in handling/restraining mice with excellent in vivo dosing techniques, such as i.v., i.p., s.c., i.n., p.o., and animal organ collection and dissection techniques.
- Excellent skills in communication, organization, flexibility and an eagerness to learn.
- Must work well with others and be a team player.
- Must be capable of standing, lifting, kneeling, bending, etc., for extended periods of time, and must adhere to health and safety guidelines when handling potentially hazardous materials.
- The candidate must have BS/MS degree or equivalent experience.