Research Associate I
One DNA Way South San Francisco, CA 94080
Our client is a leading biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures and commercializes medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions. They are among the world' s leading biotech companies, with multiple products on the market and a promising development pipeline.
- We have an opportunity for a talented and highly motivated Research Associate I/II to join our efforts to explore the development of new therapeutic modalities within the Early Discovery Biochemistry Department.
- Specifically, you will be helping us implement and develop a novel technology focused on discovering peptide-based macrocycles for targets of interest across a wide range of therapeutic areas.
- This work will include protein purification, PCR/qPCR methods, peptide display experiments, analyzing next generation sequencing data, and designing/implementing/analyzing in vitro biochemical biophysical protein/peptide assays.
- This will be a two-year contract position that will include work on joint projects between Genentech (US) and Roche (Switzerland) and may require meetings outside of standard business hours due to time zone differences a few times per month.
- Expertise in molecule biology methods and protein biochemistry/assays is required.
- Experience in display technologies (phage, yeast, mRNA, ribosome) and/or binding/biophysical assays (ELISA, SPR, ITC or BLI) is a plus.
- The selected candidate must be motivated, thoughtful and capable of working both independently and in a collaborative team setting. Strong problem solving, organizational and communication skills are also required.
- A strong publication record reflecting prior experience is also highly desired as some work completed with this position may be published.
- A B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in biochemistry, biophysics, molecular biology or related discipline with three or more years of technical experience in protein biochemistry and molecular biology is required.