Research Associate I
1 DNA Way South San Francisco, CA 94080
Our client is a leading biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures and commercializes medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions. They are among the world' s leading biotech companies, with multiple products on the market and a promising development pipeline.
- A contractor position in the Discovery Proteomics group.
- The candidate will be working as part of a team that focuses on application of various mass spectrometric techniques in support of early basic research and drug discovery.
- Our research includes identification and characterization of proteins, post translational modifications, and protein protein interactions.
- Basic knowledge on operation and maintenance of multiple instruments including HPLC, mass spectrometers, and data analysis of proteomics data is preferred.
- The successful candidate will contribute to the development and implementation of automation of various proteomics workflow.
- The ideal candidate will be proficient in a variety of mass spectrometric methodologies, have hands-on experience with immuno-affinity and various wet-lab techniques, and have strong informatic skills.
- Strong instrumentation troubleshooting skills and experience working with various analytical automation platforms is a plus.
- Must be a team player with strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be detail oriented, self-motivated, able to multi-task, and willing and eager to learn new technologies.
- We are seeking a highly motivated candidate with BS/MS degree in chemistry or biochemistry.