Research Associate I
1 DNA Way South San Francisco, CA 94080
Our client is a leading biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures and commercializes medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions. They are among the world' s leading biotech companies, with multiple products on the market and a promising development pipeline.
- Performs research and/or development in collaboration with others for projects. In particular, a focus of this position will be performing cell cultivation to identify suitable lots of primary human hepatocytes for regularly-performed cytotoxicity assays, and establishing 3-demensional spheroids for supporting our drug discovery programs.
- Makes detailed observations, analyzes data and interprets results.
- Investigates, creates and develops new methods and technologies for project advancement.
- Maintains high level of professional expertise through familiarity with scientific literature.
- May participate in scientific conferences and contribute to scientific journals.
- May be responsible for identifying patentable inventions.
- May act as principal investigator in conducting own experiments.
- Successful candidates will provide scientific and technical support for platforms, assays, and programs developed or supported by the investigative toxicology group by:
- Working independently or under the direct supervision of a Scientist to perform or support non-GLP laboratory experiments, including model development, routine toxicity screening, and mechanism of toxicity, with minimal direct supervision
- Performing applicable techniques (primary cell culture, flow cytometry, gene expression analysis, cell viability, high content screening, etc.) as required.
- Maintaining documentation related to protocol execution.
- Writing pre-clinical protocols and contributing to final reports as appropriate.
- Adhering to departmental SOPs to ensure study integrity and quality.
- A high level of independent work specifically with regards to method and model development.
- The ability to independently perform all methods and conduct all study types commonly employed by the team.
- Presenting data at project team, department, and outside meetings as appropriate.
- Bachelors (BS/BA) in pharmacology, pharmaceutical science, biology, bioengineering, chemistry, physiology, or related discipline is required; Masters (MS) degree is desirable, but not required.
Technical Experience Requirements:
- 2-3+ years of experience with hypothesis-driven research and conduct of experiments to address is required.
- Ability to independently design and conduct research to address such questions is required.
- Ability to analyze, integrate, and present all data in a presentation is required.
- Must be able to present data and associated materials to project teams or at other forums
- Experience with molecular biology techniques and next-generation sequencing is highly desired