Research Associate I
One DNA Way South San Francisco, CA 94080
Our client is a leading biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures and commercializes medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions. They are among the world' s leading biotech companies, with multiple products on the market and a promising development pipeline.
- We have a position for a temp in our Biochemical and Cellular Pharmacology department.
- The successful candidate will contribute to the execution of a cell-based screen using the CRISPR-Cas9 technology.
- This implies that the candidate will operate a Biomek FX liquid handler, The read-out of the screen will be ELISA and/or MSD based and under the responsibility of the candidate.
- In addition, the candidate will be in charge of testing small molecule inhibitors in a cell-based assay to support a drug-development program and understand the mechanism-of action of these molecules.
- Strong experience in ELISA and MSD technologies and in the use of plate readers is required.
- Experience in executing cell-based assays is preferred.
- The ideal candidate would have experience in isolating, stimulating of human primary cells.
- Experience with multi-color FACS is a plus.
- Must be self-motivated, and meet timelines efficiently and productively.
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills are required.
- The candidate must have BS/MS degree and preferably 3+ years experience in cell biology/cell-based assay.