Research Associate I
1 DNA Way South San Francisco, CA 94080 | Contract
Our client is a leading biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures and commercializes medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions. They are among the world' s leading biotech companies, with multiple products on the market and a promising development pipeline.
- We have an opening for a talented Research Associate/Senior Research Associate (temporary position) to join the Biochemical and Cellular Pharmacology department in our Large Molecule Drug Discovery division.
- Our lab is responsible for supporting therapeutic antibody discovery projects related to Cancer-Immunology, Oncology as well as Ocular diseases.
- Specifically, the successful candidate will be responsible for implementing, optimizing and performing immunochemical, biochemical and cellular assays to characterize binding, potency, pharmacokinetics and mechanism of action of antibody candidates.
- Besides, the candidate is expected to show interest about new technologies and work closely with our automation group to improve throughput and quality of our assays.
- A strong emphasis will be placed on independent individuals with extensive experience in drug discovery, who can quickly adapt and deliver high quality data in a timely manner within multi-disciplinary project teams.
- The candidate should have experience in the development and execution of biochemical and cell-based assays in a variety of different formats.
- The successful candidate must be rigorous, self-motivated and have a solid scientific background with a strong critical thinking ability.
- Strong teamwork, organizational skills, and written and oral communication skills are essential.
- A B.S. or M.S. in Biochemistry, Cell Biology, or a related field. 3+ years of industrial experience would be preferred.