Research Associate I
1 DNA Way South San Francisco, CA 94080 | Contract
Our client is a leading biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures and commercializes medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions. They are among the world' s leading biotech companies, with multiple products on the market and a promising development pipeline.
- The responsibilities of a DMPK-BA Research Associate/Research Associate (Temporary position) are to develop and routinely employ bioanalytical methods for the quantitative and qualitative analysis of new chemical entities and their metabolites in plasma, tissues, and other biological matrices, as well as, interpret and provide bioanalytical results to project teams in support of drug discovery and development.
- The ideal candidate will have a proven ability to independently design and execute experiments by LC-MS/MS in support of drug discovery and early development programs in a fast-paced environment.
- This role requires a good understanding of preclinical ADME and bioanalytical techniques.
- The candidate will work as a member of the bioanalytical group and will be responsible for sample preparation, tissue homogenization, sample extraction techniques (e.g. LLE, SPE, and PP), data acquisition on a triple-quadrupole platform (Sciex API5500, etc), and data processing using Analyst and Watson-LIMS.
- The candidate should be able to assist in troubleshooting when instrument or assay problems arise.
- Other responsibilities will include basic bioanalytical research, electronic laboratory notebook keeping and communication of results to project teams.
- Experience with independent operation of various LC-MS platforms and automated liquid handlers is preferred.
- The candidate should possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Candidates for DMPK-BA SRA/RA position will have BS or MS in a relevant scientific discipline chemistry, biochemistry, etc with typical relevant experience of 0-3 years for BS/MS