Research Associate I
103 DNA Way South San Francisco, CA 94080
Our client is a leading biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures and commercializes medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions. They are among the world' s leading biotech companies, with multiple products on the market and a promising development pipeline.
The Department of Translational Oncology is seeking a highly motivated employee to join a group of researchers evaluating novel targeted and immunotherapies in in-vivo tumor models.
- The successful candidate will perform duties consistent with a Scientific Researcher, requiring proficiency with in vitro laboratory skills and familiarity with murine ex vivo sample analysis.
- The employee will evaluate the effects of experimental therapeutics to inform diagnostic hypotheses and clinical decision-making for experimental and clinical-stage molecules.
- Qualified applicants should have training in a relevant field (BS, MS, or Ph.D. in Immunology, Oncology, Pharmacology).
- The position requires hands-on relevant experience with technical expertise in multiple techniques related to the analysis of pharmacokinetics/pharmacodynamics (PK/PD) studies using murine-derived tumors, and tissues ex vivo is a plus.
- The ideal candidate would be proficient in multiple analysis modalities, including ELISA, immunoblotting, RT-PCR, Fluidigm, immunofluorescence, and immunohistochemistry.
- Proficiency with the handling of tissue or blood or blood products for analysis is an integral component of this job.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team are essential.
- Strong organizational, communication, interpersonal skills, team-oriented, dependable, and self-starter.
- Ability to follow detailed verbal and written instructions.
- Able to apply analytical skills and judgment in assessing the quality of assay data and assay performance.
- Must be self-motivated, able to multi-task, and meet timelines efficiently and productively.
- Hands-on experience in multiple analysis modalities, including ELISA, immunoblotting, RT-PCR, Fluidigm, immunofluorescence, and immunohistochemistry.