Research Associate I
475 East Grand Avenue South San Francisco, CA 94080
Our client is a leading biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures and commercializes medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions. They are among the world' s leading biotech companies, with multiple products on the market and a promising development pipeline.
- We are seeking a self-motivated individual for a contractor scientific researcher position within the department of Biochemical and Cellular Pharmacology.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and performing immunochemical and cell-based functional assays to characterize large molecule drug candidates, in support of drug discovery programs in the disease areas of Immunology and/or Cancer Immunology.
- Working experience and skills in human cell culture and cell-based assays are required.
- Experience in developing assays using human primary cells is a plus.
- Experience and skills with Flow cytometry, Luminex, and MSD are also desirable.
- The candidate should be self-motivated.
- He/she should possess critical and analytical thinking skills, strong oral/written communication skills, quick learning capabilities, and the ability to multitask.
- The candidate should be a team player and be able to collaborate well with researchers in the group and the department.
- A BS or MS in Immunology, Molecular and Cell Biology, or a related field with at least 3 years of laboratory experience.