Research Associate I
791 Lincoln Avenue San Rafael, CA 94901
Our client focuses on developing first-in-class and best-in-class therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases.
The mission of Translational Biology is to conduct preclinical translational research evaluating potential therapeutics for severe rare diseases with unmet medical needs. Our client helps provide proof-of-concept preclinical data in relevant disease models and data for understanding of mechanisms of action for these potential therapeutics.
The research associate will partner closely with a team of scientists from translation biology to provide technical assistance and support.
- sample receiving, sample preparation, tissue extraction and perform routine assays to assess pharmacokinetics, efficacy and mechanism of action of potential therapeutics.
- Sample receiving and management.
- Prepare protein lysates and DNA/RNA from cells and tissues samples.
- Perform assays including but not limited to enzymatic activity, ELISA, PCR and western blot
- Maintain and expand cell culture
- Record data and notebook keeping
- Candidates with previous laboratory experience in protein/DNA/RNA purification, PCR, westerns, and/or cell culture will be preferred.
- Ability to follow protocols to perform experiments.
- Experience with handling animal tissues.
- Willingness to learn new molecular/biochemical procedures.
- The position requires organizational skills, self-motivation, teamwork, and dedication to quality in a fast-paced setting.
- BA/BS in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, or Genetics with at least 2-5 years of experience.