QC Associate II
1 DNA Way South San Francisco, CA 94080
- The primary responsibility of this position will be to report to the Cell Culture Sr. Supervisor in charge of a laboratory that executescell line maintenance and cell banking in support of potency, virus, and mycoplasma testing following established procedures and in compliance with cGMP' s.
- The analyst in this position will be expected to execute other QC laboratory related activities with other team members like media preparation, growth promotion, equipment maintenance and review of QC data sheets.
- An ideal candidate will have cell maintenance experience (4-5) years, have worked in a GLP function with QC and possesses project management skills with a high level of organization.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant laboratory experience.
- The candidate will be working with cell lines and on a daily basis applying aseptic technique when working in the facility, therefore, knowledge and/or direct experience of cell culture and the principles of working in a Biosafety level II environment is required.
- Computer skills related to Quality laboratory systems, inventory management systems, and cGMP working knowledge are being sought.
- The successful candidate should have the ability to work well with a team of highly motivated and experienced staff and with members from local and international departments.
- Soft skills include ability ramp up quickly, collaborative approach to completing work, motivation and eagerness to perform, as there may be an opportunity for this to convert (no guarantee)
- Desire and interest in working in a team environment
- B.S. or greater in a Biological Science, i.e., Biology, Microbiology