QC Analyst II
1 DNA Way South San Francisco, CA 94080
Our client is a leading biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures and commercializes medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions. They are among the world' s leading biotech companies, with multiple products on the market and a promising development pipeline.
- Perform analytical, biochemical, and/or biological testing; data review; and support the general Lab maintenance responsibilities.
- Perform a broad variety of basic and moderately complex tests with documentation according to GMP Review data and assess against established acceptance criteria and peer generated data for basic methods.
- Order Lab supplies and maintain inventories Support the maintenance and compliance of operational areas.
- Assure and apply GMP throughout operations.
- Prepare and maintain standards, controls, stocks, and cultures per established procedures.
- Receive and provide basic training
- Prepare data tables and graphs
- Identify discrepancies and participate in quality investigations as needed.
- Perform testing for equipment qualification / maintenance Coordinate with customers to support operational activities.
- Support internal and external audits.
- Work to meet schedules.
- Identify and support resolution of technical problems.
- Actively participate in group and project teamwork; project and process improvements Drafts protocols and reports.
- Meets scheduled performance of 95% on time.
- Able to lift 25lbs
- Perform other duties as requested by managers to support Quality activities.
- Works under general supervision.
- Manager provides work priorities, timelines and resources.
- Instructions given on new lines of work or special assignments.
- Progress on work assignments is generally reviewed on a regular basis.
- Ability to write clearly and effectively.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of math, scientific theories, principles and techniques used in analytical or biological test procedures.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, reasoning and problem solving.
- Capable of completing assigned responsibilities and keeping manager informed of status.
- B.S./B.A. degree (preferably in relevant scientific discipline) or an equivalent combination of education and experience.