One Amgen Center Drive Thousand Oaks, CA 91320
Responsible for overall coordination, status reporting and stability of project-oriented work efforts, including:
- Establishes and implements project management processes and methodologies to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards and meet customer expectations.
- Responsible for developing project schedules and teamwork assignments, directing and monitoring work efforts on a daily basis, identifying resource needs, performing quality review; and escalating functional, quality, timeline issues appropriately.
- Responsible for tracking key project milestones and adjusting project plans and/or resources to meet the needs of customers.
- Coordinates communication with all areas of the enterprise that impact the scope, budget, risk, and resources of the work effort being managed.
- Assists Project Leader(s) and/or Program Manager(s) in identifying and prioritizing opportunities to achieve the goals of the enterprise.
- This will be a process optimization project.
Must possess advanced knowledge and proficiency in the use of project management methodologies and tools, resource management practices and change management techniques. This is an individual contributor role without human resource management responsibilities (e.g., hiring, performance management). Manages multiple projects of medium to high complexity.
This person must know the full Office Suite and be proficient in MS Project.
Project manager with a technical orientation (hardware/systems engineering, science) and product development experience highly preferred. Ideally, the PM would have product development experience in the medical device or pharma industry.