Project Manager III
301 DNA Way South San Francisco, CA 94080
Our client is a leading biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures and commercializes medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions. They are among the world' s leading biotech companies, with multiple products on the market and a promising development pipeline.
We are looking for a motivated experienced individual to join our rapidly growing Personalized Healthcare team. Your role will be instrumental in forming and maintaining key collaborations with global academic institutions. The Project Manager not only organizes, facilitates and executes projects within this space but will also employ strategic decision making in cooperation with the Business Operations Lead. This is a highly visible role and there will be times when the project manager will need to work independently.
- Project Deliverables – Ensure the project documentation is managed in a central location and up to date, create and maintain project plans, Issue/Risk logs etc.
- Academic Management – Initiate and develop business relationships with academic contacts. Facilitate the process of working with academics including set up of meetings, documenting meeting notes, streamlining communications. Work with Procurement and Legal to setup and finalize contracts.
- Strategic Planning - Work with BOL and senior leaders to map out what types of projects to engage with academics.
- Communication Management – Communicate project status to project leads and BOL and create content for internal and external stakeholders.
- Financial Management – Track the actual spend on the project. Manage the process of receiving invoices, validating the vendor submissions. Update the project financial tracker with actuals data.
- Schedule Management – Create detailed project schedules and to track progress.
- Team Management - Help manage a cross functional team consisting of (Partnering/Procurement/Legal)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently, without close supervision
- Ability to work in an agile, fast moving environment
- Employs a fit for purpose approach to activities
- Well organized and efficient, with strong attention to detail
- Ability to anticipate key challenges and proactively propose solutions
- Must demonstrate outstanding computer skills and specific proficiencies with the GSuite of applications
- Ability to use Smartsheets or other project management tool for tracking purposes
- Years of Experience: 8-10 years relevant experience in a global company supporting multi-disciplinary teams in a fast paced and highly collaborative environment – prior experience in innovation and/or biotech/pharmaceutical industry preferred
- Education: Undergraduate degree in a related field; or equivalent years of experience
- PMP preferred