Project Manager II
466 Forbes Boulevard South San Francisco, CA 94080
- Ensure improvement methodology and tools are utilized effectively to maximize benefits.
- Deliver project goals on budget and on schedule.
- Develop conceptual customer needs into an approved project charter.
- Analyze business, process and systems performance, and identify improvement opportunities.
- Develop, evaluate and manage business case and cost/benefit analyses.
- Provide decision support and recommendations to select best options.
- Communicate proactively with stakeholders and senior management regarding progress, issues and plans for resolution.
- Develop and use project plans to coordinate participants and track and report progress.
- Leverage industry research and analysis; serve as advocate & role model for integrating best practices into the organization.
- Operate with a high degree of autonomy and professionalism; successfully prioritize workload in accordance with business goals
- This position will be working with middle management and executive level leaders on critical business projects that align with our organization strategy and goals.
- The projects will center on manufacturing site transformation, risk reduction, delivery of an integrated portfolio management process and project management office, and the deployment of a global business system within our local organization.
- Collaborative Leadership: Ability to influence with or without authority, facilitate groups with diverse perspectives, bring teams to consensus/alignment.
- High tolerance for ambiguity, able to create order from chaos.
- Ownership and Accountability.
- Takes accountability for actions, drives results, learns from mistakes.
- Is direct and truthful and therefore widely trusted.
- Delivers of promises, goals, and expectations.
- Makes quality decisions and resolved problems rapidly.
- Ability to communicate effectively up and down, at all levels of the organization, teach and present complex and/or new ideas with clarity and simplicity.
- Planning/Organization-Excellent planning and prioritization skills with the ability to multitask and adapt.
- Able to synthesize large amount of information.
- Able to deliver results despite a shifting environment.
- Analytical Problem Solving.
- Ability to define problem statement clearly and accurately and apply structured and disciplined methodology to identify data-driven root causes.
- Innovative and effective in solution development, risk mitigation, and execution.
- BS/BA (Engineering/Science preferred).
- Minimum 7 years of related pharma experience.
- Minimum 5 years Project Management experience in pharma setting.
- Experience with implementation of process improvement initiatives.