Project Manager I
1 DNA Way South San Francisco, CA 94080 | Contract
Our client is a leading biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures and commercializes medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions. They are among the world' s leading biotech companies, with multiple products on the market and a promising development pipeline.
- Primary Accountabilities and Responsibilities for PMO (50%):
- Develops and maintains a system to track EDIS-related resourcing data across Pharma R&D, including gathering current resource information, tracking changes, and escalating issues with resource allocation to the EDIS leadership Supports EDIS leadership in annual budget planning and develops and maintains a system to track EDIS-related spend across the project portfolio throughout the year Supports project-related activities and milestone tracking to help maintain a high-quality, accurate, and transparent EDIS portfolio plan Supports in the preparation, execution, and follow up for EDIS leadership team meetings and presentations, including presentations, agenda planning, minutes, and action-item tracking as needed Understands and represents EDIS objectives and values within the Program and across the Roche group
- Primary Accountabilities and Responsibilities for Data Standards Workstream (50%):
- Partner closely with EDIS data standards workstream lead, to coordinate all EDIS data standards-related activities, including but not limited to:
- Setting agenda and arranging speakers during weekly calls.
- Liaising with other EDIS project teams on an on-going basis to help ensure a strong partnership with data standards work stream participants is fostered and maintained.
- Maintain an EDIS data standards roadmap, and help to ensure all key milestones and deliverables are achieved.
- Coordinate all aspects associated with annual global F2F workshop for EDIS work stream participants, including logistics, agenda, and team-building activities.
- Strong project management skills, including roadmap development, resource/budget tracking, and meeting planning Experience working in a global, multi-cultural, cross-functional environment Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop important relationships with customers and key stakeholders.
- Results and detail-oriented
- Facility with MS Project tools (word, excel, PPT, etc.) a must Ability to work with various levels within the organization and to collaborate within a complex, dynamic environment, handling multiple tasks and priorities Ability to identify issues that could impact timely completion of group activities, and develop strategies and provide recommendations to address problems Self-motivated and able to deal successfully with ambiguity
- Ability to travel internationally as required
- Minimum: BS/MS or equivalent, with 3+ years of related experience in a fast-paced, project-based environment, pharma or biotech experience preferred