Project Manager, Quality Systems
1388 Kifer Road Sunnyvale, CA 94086
Primary Function of Position:
As a key member of the Quality System and Compliance (QSC) department, the Quality System Training Project Manager is responsible for supporting multiple high demand projects that impact the development, management and continuous improvement of the Training Program processes, specifically the creation and maintenance of new training curricula/training plans per core function and Quality System requirements. The role will lead the Quality Systems training projects by interfacing with cross-functional departments that have internal Quality System training needs associated with compliance.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Facilitate and ensure that complex, high-value Business Unit projects are properly scoped, resourced, and communicated to minimize risk, deliver on-time and on-budget
- Creating and maintaining project schedules
- Develop and monitor project budgets
- Contribute to project prioritization decisions by providing data and analysis from current and past projects to ensure optimal utilization of resources
- Provide feedback to team members regarding performance and requirements
- Build strong informal and formal communication channels to deliver information that is accurate and up-to-date to all stakeholders
- Organize and guide large numbers of distributed, cross-functional resources successfully
- Function as the primary point-of-contact for key leaders and stakeholders
- Ensure compliance to internal business and quality system requirements and to external regulatory standards
- Drive resolution of constraints, conflicts and other challenges that could impact timely and successful execution of projects
- Develop/promote company training communications, articles and other literature to promote employee training programs and awareness.
- Gain cross-functional alignment on strategies, goals, resources and timelines. Cross-functional teams include Sales, Marketing, Finance, IT, Engineering, Quality, Regulatory, Compliance, Service, Customer Service, and other Business Units.
Competency Requirements (Skills, Experience, Education, & Training):
- Strong communication, organizational and presentation skills; excellent English written and verbal skills.
- Willing to go the extra mile with a strong work ethic; self-directed and resourceful with the ability to deal with conflict and drive to solution
- Proven ability to lead, influence and work well at all levels of an organization and in a cross functional team environment
- Ability to handle ambiguity effectively and oversee multiple projects at once
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize data, set actionable goals and drive metrics and execution
- Experience in quality systems, quality engineering, or compliance in the medical device or other regulated industry.
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously; must work well under pressure, be flexible, and meet deadlines
- Energetic and balanced person with a drive for results, who feels accountable, has a great attitude, and is a team-player; self-starter with high degree of initiative, urgency, and follow through
- Certification in project management (PMP) desired
- Four-year college degree, education and/or training certification or equivalent experience.