1 DNA Way South San Francisco, CA 94080
Our client is a leading biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures and commercializes medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions. They are among the world' s leading biotech companies, with multiple products on the market and a promising development pipeline.
- We are seeking a Project Coordinator with scientific training to join the Molecular Oncology Project Management group and be responsible for outsourcing pre-clinical in vivo efficacy studies and cellular assays in support of multiple projects in early research and late stage clinical development.
- This candidate will need to have practical experience in the design, execution and analysis of oncology based phenotypic assays, target validation studies, and in vivo xenograft studies.
- The job will entail acting as a liaison between research scientists and global Contract Research Organizations (CROs) to ensure the successful design and implementation of studies at the CRO.
- Other responsibilities will include: working with our Research Contracts, Finance and Legal departments to establish and maintain agreements, manage purchase orders, invoices, and track budget.
- The candidate will need to develop productive relationships with the international CROs and monitor quality and performance of the CROs.
**Please note this is a part-time role and the worker is expected to be able to work on-site 4 hours a day 5 days a week, there is no WFH flexibility at the moment**
- Practical experience in cell-based viability/proliferation assays and target validation or PD biomarker studies.
- Excellent communication skills including proven ability to communicate across cultures.
- Ability to develop collaborative relationships with internal researchers, CROs, and key stakeholders.
- Ability to manage conflict and influence others.
- Detail oriented, highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks and projects.
- Agile mindset to adapt to constantly moving deadlines.
- Desire to thrive and grow in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Project management experience or education would be a plus.
- BS/MS in biological sciences with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in industry, or PhD in biological sciences with relevant research experience.
- Must have background in biological sciences.