Project Manager I
1 DNA Way South San Francisco, CA 94080 | Contract
Our client is a leading biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures and commercializes medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions. They are among the world' s leading biotech companies, with multiple products on the market and a promising development pipeline.
- Provide project management expertise to cross-functional teams, including goal setting, scheduling, facilitation, and team building.
- Drive the planning, formation and execution of timelines.
- Facilitate project team meetings, cross-functional communication and decision making.
- Facilitate resolution of issues relating to project schedules, priorities & team dynamics.
- Communicate, document, and archive project team activities and decisions.
- Partner with initiative leaders to ensure effective and timely completion of deliverables and to ensure the team achieves and maintains a high level of sustainable performance.
- Identify, recommend and implement opportunities for streamlining team and business processes.
- Proactively identify and manage risks.
- Proficient with project management practices, tools, and methodology with specific experience in drug development a plus.
- 3 years’ experience in applying project management principles and processes.
- Prior experience working in a scientific or technical environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written & oral.
- Well organized and efficient, with strong attention to detail.
- Results and detail-oriented; self-motivated.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop important relationships with customers and key stakeholders, good conflict management skills.
- Strong record of managing multiple stakeholders, & a desire to deliver service excellence.
- High degree of flexibility, adapting to the organization’ s priorities.
- Strong team facilitation skills.
- Ability to function effectively with limited direction.
- Ability to translate strategy into action.
- Strong proficiency with standard office software (MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint) Ability to work effectively on multiple projects simultaneously.
- BS/BA (Engineering/Science preferred).
- Minimum 3 years Project Management experience.
- Experience with implementation of process improvement initiatives.