Programmer Analyst II
1 DNA Way South San Francisco, CA 94080 | Contract
Our client is a leading biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures and commercializes medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions. They are among the world' s leading biotech companies, with multiple products on the market and a promising development pipeline.
- Develop Software in R to process, QC, analysis and visualization of NGS data and gene expression analysis.
- Experience with NGS technologies and NGS data analysis (e.g. WGS, RNAseq). High level of proficiency with R programming language and/or other scripting languages (Python, perl, etc.).
- Unix/Linux proficiency, familiarity with version control system.
- Experience with Bioconductor packages for genomic bioinformatics.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Additional Skills (not required but would be desirable):
- Experience supporting bioinformatics efforts in the early development phase.
- Experience with scientific data interpretation and data mining.
- PhD in computer science, bioinformatics, computational biology, or related field or Master's in computer science, bioinformatics, computational biology, or related field with 3 years relevant experience or Bachelor's in computer science, bioinformatics, computational biology, or related field with 5 years relevant experience