Programmer Analyst I (BioInformatics)
One DNA Way South San Francisco, CA 94080
Our client is a leading biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures and commercializes medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions. They are among the world' s leading biotech companies, with multiple products on the market and a promising development pipeline.
Duties: The candidate will perform various data analysis and management tasks to support the Oncology Biomarker Development department.
Duties could include:
- Analysis of datasets to inform optimization of platforms and assays under development
- Identification and monitoring of genetic biomarkers from clinical datasets QC, curation, and maintenance of biomarker datasets generated internally and from outside vendors
- Statistical data analysis expertise using R (preferred), Spotfire, or other analysis package
- Experience analyzing next generation sequencing data (mapping, variant finding, annotation)
- Proficiency in a scripting language such as Perl or Python Familiarity with working in a Linux environment
- Relational database design and query
- Experience with LIMS system use and maintenance Knowledge of cancer genomics
- Master's degree in bioinformatics or computational biology;or bachelor's degree in a life science field with at least three years experience working in a bioinformatics position