Programmer Analyst I (BioInformatics)
1 DNA Way South San Francisco, CA 94080 | Contract
Our client is a leading biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures and commercializes medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions. They are among the world' s leading biotech companies, with multiple products on the market and a promising development pipeline.
- The candidate will perform various data analysis and management tasks to support the Oncology Biomarker Development department.
- Analysis of datasets to inform optimization of platforms and assays under development Identification and monitoring of genetic biomarkers from clinical datasets QC, curation, and maintenance of biomarker datasets generated internally and from outside vendors
- Statistical data analysis expertise using R (preferred), Spotfire, or other analysis package
- Experience analyzing next generation sequencing data (mapping, variant finding, annotation)
- Proficiency in a scripting language such as Perl or Python
- Familiarity with working in a Linux environment
- Relational database design and query
- Experience with LIMS system use and maintenance
- Knowledge of cancer genomics
- Master's degree in bioinformatics or computational biology;or bachelor's degree in a life science field with at least three years experience working in a bioinformatics position