1 DNA Way South San Francisco, CA 94080
Our client is a leading biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures and commercializes medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions. They are among the world' s leading biotech companies, with multiple products on the market and a promising development pipeline.
The Business Process Analyst is responsible for supporting the Business Process Manager and/or Sr. Business Process Manager in identifying gaps and creating process improvement associated with the Early Clinical Development organization. The Business Process Analyst provides expertise in process analysis, data analysis, process design, and process modeling. The Business Process Analyst is expected to be the subject manager expert in managing the business process-modeling tool.
• With Business Process Manager oversight; design, implement, and improve business processes across designated areas of responsibility and critically review current processes for effectiveness, quality and simplification• With Business Process Manager oversight, elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis• Maintain the current-state business process documentation and develop target future-state process models• Serve, as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) to address process modeling related questions.• Develop tools, templates and procedural documents, including process maps, and working documents to support the tactical application of business processes as required• Ensure appropriate documentation and controlled document requirements are identified and integrated in process maps (business requirements)• With Business Process Manager oversight, ensure continuous process improvement through ongoing observation, monitoring and evaluation.
• Monitor and measure the realization of the benefits post process.implementation to ensure quality, efficiency, and improvement is embedded in work practices• Provide input to training and change management activities for new processes as needed.
• Knowledge of operational excellence concepts and tools, such as value stream mapping, business process redesign, lean, six sigma, modeling and simulation, cycle time reduction, etc.• Knowledge of basic project management principles and concepts• Cross-functional understanding of clinical trial methodology and change management methodology
• Strong ability to instrument, measure and improve processes• Adept in critical thinking and understanding of business process, technology, systems and tools.• Experience in group facilitation, with the ability to direct and motivate teams• Advanced computer skills.• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts• Detail oriented with the ability to work independently and prioritize multiple tasks efficiently.• Strong project management skills.• Able to work independently and prioritize in complex, fast-paced environment.• BPM and/or Six Sigma certification preferred but not required
• Bachelor’s degree and minimum 4 years of relevant program/project/process management experience in a business environment or Masters degree and 2+ years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.• Proven ability to analyze data and measure business process improvement projects with multiple stakeholders• Experience with project management and change management or the ability to quickly master the foundations of each• Experience and familiarity with formal, financially driven business case methodology and development• Excellent communication and facilitation skills• High level of collaboration and team work• Proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.• Initiative and comfort with an autonomous environment• Demonstrated knowledge and experience with technical project management tools such as timelines, Gantt charts, statistical analysis, etc.• Analytical approach to problem solving and decision making