Principal Software Engineer
5945 Optical Court San Jose, CA 95138
Our client develops, manufactures and supplies a wide array of innovative medical diagnostic products, services, tests, platforms and technologies.
- Maintaining and enhancing custom laboratory information management systems (LIMS) software primarily written in Java and C# to track process data and workflow queues, and Maintaining and enhancing database SQL required to support LIMS functionality and other database-centric applications used at the Company, and Developing new software/systems to support delivery of data to customers, R&D personnel and enterprise resource management systems using a variety of web-based programming tools, and Supporting end-users in a 24/7 production environment as needed, and Such other matters as may be determined by yourself and the Company.
- 8+ years of work experience in writing Windows-based software
- 8+ applications involving a graphical user interface and complex sets of
- 8+ business requirements and rules, and
- Ability to clearly communicate within the team and across business functions, and Drive to ensure software meets requirements, and Comfortable with a fast-paced development schedule, and Demonstrated competency using object-oriented software development tools, and Experience with relational database systems and knowledge of SQL.
- Experience developing in C# and/or Java required Experience developing software for liquid handling robots preferred Understanding laboratory processes and workflow systems is a plus.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or Life Sciences preferred