Pipeline and Portfolio Planning Manager
1 DNA Way South San Francisco, CA 94080
Our client is a leading biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures and commercializes medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions. They are among the world' s leading biotech companies, with multiple products on the market and a promising development pipeline.
Duties: Role Description
- The Pipeline & Portfolio Planning (PPP) group, within Portfolio & Product Development Strategy (PPS), drives proactive portfolio management, product development strategy, and lifecycle planning.
- PPP Portfolio/Disease Area Team Lead serves as trusted thought partner to molecule teams, disease area teams, and portfolio committees and plays a key role in settingportfolio, disease area and molecule strategy. The portfolio lead (PL) guides investment decisions and provides portfolio-level insights and analytics to maximize Roche late stage portfolio value for the benefit of patients and Roche.
- At least 5 years of experience in biotech, pharmaceuticals or a related field with demonstrated success in working with teams in Research, Development and Commercial functions. Experience in SI&A, strategic planning, business development, or management consulting is a plus Strong strategic agility and analytical skills; expertise in developing and assessing portfolio investment opportunities via the development of financial models Solid understanding of R&D trends, strategy and oncology markets. Experience or background in oncology is a plus.
- Strong communication & presentation skills. Knowledge on how to summarize and communicate the key points from complex analyses effectively and succinctly is essential. Comfort making investment recommendations to senior leaders
- Ability to influence without authority and build cross-functional partnerships across global Product Development and Global Product Strategy functions
- International or global work experience is preferred, candidate must have ability to travel (expect up to 2 oversea trips annually)
- Fluent in English, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to adapt and operate in a multi-cultural and globalized environment
- Advanced degree in science, engineering, business or a related field. MBA or PhD degree strongly preferred